If you are a WordPress user for a long time then you might probably know the importance of talking WordPress Backups at regular intervals.Talking Backup of your WordPress databases & files at regular intervals can help you recover easily in case your WordPress database /files gets erased or corrupted due to some hack attempt or some other dubious reason.
Back up your WordPress/Files database regularly, and always take backup before applying any upgrade to your WordPress themes or plugins.
In this post I’m going to review a popular WordPress backup plugin developed at Ithemes which gives you the peace of mind for automating the process of talking backups & helps you restore the WordPress site easily/ quickly in the event of data loss ie; BackupBuddy.
If you don’t want to use a commercial WordPress plugin, please refer to the list of Free WordPress Backup Plugins
Dustin Bolton is Ithemes lead developer for BackupBuddy WordPress Plugin.
Review of Backup Buddy features :
In this review we will touch base some of the core features offered by BackupBuddy WordPress plugin.
- Back up all database tables : Are you using the same MySQL site database to store other content, don’t worry BackupBuddy can also take backup of those database tables too.
- Backup Type : Don’t want to take a Full backup of your WordPress site ? you have an option to choose to select from Whole Website backup or just database Backup.
- Magic Migration : BackupBuddy makes it easier for you to manage what folders to backup & what to exclude relative to WordPress installation directory.
Offsite Backups : BackupBuddy’s inbuilt mechanism helps you to save your WordPress backups off-site ie; you can configure BackupBuddy to store the backups taken to Secure cloud storage services like Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud, your own FTP server, or your email.
For added protection store your WordPress website backup files in multiple locations.
- Scheduling backups : You can schedule BackupBuddy to run periodically for talking backups ie; Monthly,Twice Monthly,Weekly,Daily,Hourly,Twice Daily etc
- Email Notification’s : BackupBuddy email notification features sends email for configured recipients for activities like scheduled backup starts, scheduled backup completions and error notifications.
- Restore Just Your Database : You can choose to restore just your database from an earlier database-only backup if a WordPress configuration change makes your site unstable.
- Malware Scan : BackupBuddy comes with an inbuilt malware scan module which scans your website for common malware. BackupBuddy malware scan is powered by sucuri, the de facto standard in website malware monitoring and cleanup.
- Manage how many backups you want to store : You can manage how many backups to keep in each location, so you don’t accidentally use too much storage space by keeping old backups.
- Server Information : BackupBuddy server Information tab provides you with detailed information about your webserver,stats about mysql database,software versions, file permissions, scheduled WordPress tasks,security recommendations etc.
- RepairBuddy BETA script :Ithemes had released this tool with the latest version of BackupBuddy, with the help of Repairbuddy tool you can diagnose and repair WordPress installations when things go wrong.However this is currently in Beta stage only.
- Tutorials : No need to worry on how to get started with BackupBuddy, Ithemes had documented each & single step of configuring BackupBuddy, it’s easy to understand & they also aired excellent BackupBuddy video tutorials. So it’s wont take much time for you to get accustomed to the BackupBuddy Interface
BackupBuddy Price :
- Backup Buddy personal license It costs $80 for 2 sites. If you have 1 0r 2 WordPress website’s then this license is ideal for you.
- Backup Buddy Business license It costs $100 & you can use the BackupBuddy Plugin on 10 WordPress sites.
- The developer license This is the Ideal BackupBuddy License for WordPress designers and developers, It costs $150 & you can use BackupBuddy Plugin on unlimited number of sites.
I believe Ithemes should reduce the price of BackupBuddy Personal license to 50$ for 2 sites, which encourages more bloggers to use the BackupBuddy plugin.However it’s worth the price for Business & developer License taking into consideration of the backup Buddy features.
BackupBuddy Coupon Code :
If you are pleased with BackupBuddy ffter going through the BackupBuddy review & want to buy BackupBuddy Plugin then you can use below BackupBuddy coupon code to get 33% off on all BackupBuddy plans with below coupon. One you complete the BackupBuddy purchase you will receive an email with instructions on how to download backupbuddy .
My Final Conclusion on BackupBuddy :
After testing all these features I can firmly say BackupBuddy is the best / complete solution for your WordPress backups.It comes with an easy to use interface with the help of which you can schedule /automate the process of backing up your WordPress database.
Are you a BackupBuddy Plugin user ? If so please share your experience with Backup Buddy Plugin so that it can help our readers to decide on BackupBuddy Plugin.