Today’s Google Doodle serve as a memorial to 100th birthday of the British archaeologist and anthropologist Mary Leakey ‘Aka‘ Mary Nicol.
The Doodle on the Google Home Page shows Mary Leakey who is busy with her excavation work along with two Dalmatians.The Google Doodle also exhibits one of her major discoveries “the Laetoli footprints”, and some tools used in archaeology.
Clicking on the Google Doodle will redirect you to Google Search Page for the term “Mary Leakey“.
Who is Mary Leakey : Short Bio
- Mary Leakey was born Mary Douglas Nicol on February 6, 1913.
- Mary Leakey‘s maiden name was Nicol.
- Mary Nicol he had changed her name after marrying Louis Leakey, who was also an archeologist.
- She died at the age of 83 in December 1996.
- She developed a system for classifying the stone tools found at Olduvai.
- She also discovered the Laetoli footprints.
- Louis and Mary Leakey found fossils in Tanzania and Kenya.
- Mary Leakey discovered the first fossilized Proconsul skull. Mary also discovered the Zinjanthropus skull.
Google has a Nice tradition of honoring important people from different Parts of the world by placing a Doodle on their Homepage.Some of Google Doodles Honoring famous Personalities include Amelia Earhart,Bram Stoker,Clara Schumann.