In Short :Essential plugin for every webmaster for Better Indexing your Blog by Search Engines.
In general the process of Creating Sitemap ->Submitting Sitemap ->Notifying Search engines every time you create a new post is an tedious Job.Once this plugin is installed it does all the job for you from creating an XML sitemap to notifying search engines about the changes on your Blog.
How Google XML Sitemap Works :Google XML Sitemaps is one of those easy to setup & use WordPress Plugin that can generate an XML sitemap & has the ability to notify search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com. Thereby making it easier for the Search Engine crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and index it more efficiently.
Pricing and Licensing:
Google XML Sitemaps WordPress Plugin is free to use for everyone! Since it’s released under GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog.
Google XML Sitemaps WordPress Plugin Features :
Below are the rich set of features [Pros] which answers the Question “Why You rate this plugin so High”
- No PHP skills or file changes needed.
- Easy to understand user interface to customize all parameters like priorities etc.
- Generates sitemap for all types of WordPress pages & Custom Pages.
- Automatically adds any new pages detected to the sitemap.
- Calculates a priority for each post, based on the number of comments or any other parameter set.
- Also have the ability to set Post Priority Manually.
- Automatically notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content via ping.
- Includes a WordPress filter for other plugins which can add their pages to the sitemap.
- Generates a static XML file as well as a zipped version.
- Available in many languages.
Cons of Google XML Sitemaps : Some times the sitemap building process takes more time to complete and uses more memory.I was not able to find the actual cause of this & was not reproducible.
Readers are you using this WordPress Plugin on your Blog.How would you rate it on a scale of 5.Please post your views about this plugin in comments.