Technorati is a sort of directory for Blogs which had indexed million of blogs up to now under different categories like news, entertainment, technology, lifestyle, sports, politics & business etc.It tracks the authority & influence of blogs & also collect stats about who and what is most popular in the Blogosphere.
To know more about What is Technorati Authority & How it is calculated please Navigate to this Link.
Why should I claim my blog on Technorati ?
By Claiming, your Blog will be added to Technorati Blog Directory, after that Technorati users will be able to find your blog under the categories you had submitted.
By Default Technorati allows you to choose Three categories & for Submitting your Blog and you can add up to 18 tags for the Blog you are submitting.
How to Submit your Blog to Technorati ?
- First register your account with Technorati & login now.
- Now Go to your Profile, which can be accessed by clicking the user name on top right.
- Complete filling up your details like URL,Google + URL,Facebook URL,Twitter Account,My Bio,Set Profile image etc.[These steps are for authenticity only & are not Mandatory]
- Now Scroll down & you will see a section called “My claimed blogs” as in the image below.
- Enter the URL of your Blog & Click Claim
- Now you will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter details about your Blog like Blog title*,Site Description* ,URL*,Feed URL*,Facebook & Google +Url’s,Twitter Account etc.
Note: Fields marked with * are Mandatory.
- After that you need to select up to 3 categories where you want you blog to be listed.
- Now enter relevant tags for your blog, you can add up to 18 tags.
- Now Click Proceed to Next Step Button,you will see a message similar to the below.
- After a few minutes you should receive an email something like this.
How to Use The Technorati Claim Token ?
Claiming you Blog with Technorati is very easy, please follow the below steps for claiming your Blog with Technorati Claim Token:
- Write a new post on your Blog.
- Copy/paste your Technorati Claim token into the Post content.
- Now Publish the post & check if your Blog feed includes the new post.
- Go to your Technorati account and click on “Check Claim”
If Technorati is able to find the Claim token on your Blog feed It starts indexing your blog in 24-48 Hours.Below is an email screenshot of successful claim by technorati.
What are Reasons for getting Blog Claim Denied by Technorati ?
- If Technorati is not able to find the Token, the main reason may be because of entering an invalid feed URL while submitting your blog for Technorati.
- Another reason may be you had submitted the right feed, but your robots.txt file blocked Technorati to crawl your blog.
- If you are using WordPress & are using Custom posts for publishing content,make sure you submit the Right feed for custom post types.
- Your site does not appear to be a blog or news site. Technorati does not support claiming of forums, product catalogs, and the like.Please read Technorati Blog Quality Guidelines.
- If your blog is found of plagiarism,it will result in removal of the blog from Technorati.com
Note: After you successfully claim your blog on Technorati, you can remove the published post if you don’t want it.
Hope you were successful in claiming your Blog with Claim token on Technorati Directory.Don’t Hesitate to contact us through comments if you need any assistance on getting your Blog verified on Technorati!