If you are using WordPress then you might have come across different tabs like Recent Drafts,Plugins,Right Now etc in your WordPress Admin Dashboard Interface.Most of these come by default with WordPress & some other come with the installation of new plugins.
While these Dashboard Widgets give a quick look of what’s happening recently with your WordPress website,but there will be some unwanted WordPress Dashboard Widgets.
For efficient & effective usage of WordPress as CMS I would suggest you to hide some of the WordPress Admin Dashboard Widgets & this WordPress tutorial can help people who are looking to customize the Screen Options in WordPress Admin Dashboard.
How To Customize The WordPress Admin Dashboard Widgets :
Please follow the below instructions after logging into your WordPress Admin for customizing & changing WordPress Admin Dashboard Widgets based upon your requirements.
- If you want to keep all of the WordPress Admin Dashboard Widgets then what you can do is simply move the Widgets you like to the top by dragging & dropping them.
- If you would like to keep only some of the widgets then click on the Screen Options available in the top right corner of your WordPress admin Screen.
- Now you will see you Drop Down slider window from which you can select & deselect the WordPress Admin Dashboard Widgets to show on the screen & you also has the option to change the Column layout of your WordPress Admin to 1,2,3 or 4.
- In the same way you can change the Admin Screen layout of Posts,Categories,Tags,Pages,Comments,users,plugins,Links etc.
- If you use Genesis or Thesis Theme then you can also have the ability to change the WordPress Admin Screen Options for those frameworks too.
Hopefully this helps you in customizing the Admin Dashboard screen area, so that you use WordPress quickly and more effectively.
That’s all folks! I hope you have learned a few good tips to make WordPress as beautiful & effective CMS.I’d like to know how you customize the admin interface. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!