OpenCart is a free, open-source shopping cart. In this tutorial on OpenCart we will walk you through on how to install OpenCart on localhost successfully.
Do you know about OpenCart?
OpenCart is an open source e-
With Inbuilt support for multiple payment gateways, I believe this can meet your needs if you want to start an Online Shopping Portal.
Now lets proceed into OpenCart Installation process :
Installing OpenCart is easy & it takes less than 5 minutes of time to complete OpenCart Installation.
First Download and unzip OpenCart into Local Machine.
At the time of writing this tutorial OpenCart version is 184.108.40.206. You can Download the Latest version of OpenCart from OpenCart website (recommended) or directly from github. The name of the file will be opencart_v220.127.116.11.zip.
1) After you download and unzip OpenCart package(opencart_v18.104.22.168.zip) you should get following files structure:
- “upload” folder
- “license.txt” file
- “readme.txt” file
The “upload” folder contains all the files needed to upload OpenCart to a web server. The “license.txt” file contains the license agreement regarding the use of OpenCart on your site. The “readme.text” file provides links to the current install and upgrade instructions on the OpenCart website. When you are ready, you can extract the files from the zip file to a location of your choice on your computer.
On my Local Machine I had installed XAMPP Version: 1.8.1.
2) Now please upload all the content of the upload folder to your local hosting folder: (WAMP, XAMP, LAMP and others).
On my Local Machine I had extracted the files under E:\xampp\htdocs\opencart
3) Now you can start the installation by accessing http://localhost/opencart. Check “I agree license” and press “Continue” button
4) Now OpenCart checks for the requirements & lets you know if anything required is missing. In the below screenshot opencart is looking for config.php file.
We need to rename default config-dist.php to config.php under root & Admin folder of Opencart.
5) The next step is to create a database on the MySQL server for OpenCart to store a shop’s data on.
6) Now fill in the Database Details & Admin Credentials in your OpenCart Installation.
7) That’s It. Congratulations! You have successfully installed your OpenCart shopping cart on your localhost!. Delete the Folder named install from your setup
7) You can access OpenCart Admin Panel using the url. http://localhost/opencart/admin/
8) You can access OpenCart Home Page using the url. http://localhost/opencart/
Please contact us if you have any issues in installing/configuring OpenCart on your Local Machine or your Hosting Server, we can help you with troubleshooting the installation.
Feel free to comeback to our site for more OpenCart Tutorials.