Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to organize, store, manage and search for bookmarks of online resources.
It is all past, Gone are those days where people only used Social Bookmarking for saving helpful resources they find on the web.Now it’s more than that, webmasters are using Social bookmarking for generating traffic to your website.
Many online bookmark management services have launched since 1996; Delicious, founded in 2003, popularized the terms “social bookmarking” and “tagging”. Tagging is a significant feature of social bookmarking systems, enabling users to organize their bookmarks in flexible ways and develop shared vocabularies known as folksonomies.[Source: social bookmarking ]
Bookmarking not only helps you promote your website for free but also they bring huge viral traffic.These bookmarks are by default public, but if you want them to be private you can do like that or you can share your bookmarks with some specific people or groups of your choice.
Bookmarks that are marked as public will be accessed by many people if it looks interesting & thereafter it brings additional traffic to the websites.
Why use Social Bookmarking :
- They help you get a lot of backlinks.
- They helps you increase traffic to your website.
- Your link gets indexed by Google in a matter of minutes.
- Best of all, it’s free!
There are zillion social bookmarking sites out there for your use, some come and go but there are some bookmarking sites which takes you forward as they grow, I’m featuring those valuable site here.
Top 50 Social Bookmarking websites list :
Bookmarking is one of the best Panda/Penguin safe SEO method to get backlinks to your site, are you ready to optimize your site for Search Engines then all you have to do is register with the below sites & start bookmarking.
- Technorati : Technorati was founded to help bloggers succeed by collecting, highlighting, and distributing the global online conversation. Technorati is the first Internet search engine for searching blogs.The leading blog search engine and directory, Technorati.com indexes more than a million blogs.
- Pinterest : With this you can bookmark, categorize and comment on all the great web pages/links you find.
- Twitter : Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting.
- StumbleUpon : StumbleUpon is an Internet community that allows its users to Stumble through great web pages,photos and videos and rate whether you Like or Dislike them.
- FriendFeed : FriendFeed is the easiest way to share online.It enables you to discover and discuss the interesting stuff your friends find on the web.
- Del.icio.us : Delicious is an easy, free tool to save, organize, and remember the links you find interesting on the web.
- Reddit : reddit is a website about everything which is powered by community, democracy, and you. If your story attracts many votes then the news come to the front page.
- Digg : Digg delivers the most interesting and talked about stories on the Internet right now. The Internet is full of great stories, and Digg helps you find, read, and share the very best ones.
- Scoop : Scoop.it enables professionals to share important ideas with the right audiences giving them an opportunity to create and maintain a meaningful Web presence, a crucial component to the success of their business and career.
- Yahoo Buzz : Yahoo! Buzz is a community-based news article website, much like Digg, that combines the features of social bookmarking and syndication through a user interface that allows editorial control
- Chime.in : Chime.in is a social network based on interests, where people share, connect with others, and build communities around their favorite topics.
- Diigo : Diigo is two services in one — it is a research and collaborative research tool on the one hand, and a knowledge-sharing community and social content site on the other.
- Slashdot : It features user-submitted and evaluated news stories about science and technology related topics.
- folkd.com – Social Bookmarking – Save your bookmarks and links online and search what your friends like.
- Buddymarks : Have your bookmarks with you anywhere, share them with your friends, learn about new websites from your friends, and browse and add to the public bookmark space.
- Chipmarks : Offers a free service which allows you to submit and save your favorite text, images, and videos.
- Dzone : DZone is a place for our community members to discover and share the latest and most popular news from around the web.
- Blinklist : BlinkList is a powerful productivity tool that makes is much easier for anyone to share and save their links for later.
- Newsvine : Community members can publish their own articles, share other interesting links they’ve found, and participate in spirited debates about anything and everything that’s happening in the world at any given moment.
- Kaboodle :Kaboodle is the social shopping pioneer, a one-of-a-kind resource that gives users the ability to explore looks, play stylist, write blogs and create polls all while communicating with fellow friends and stylistas.
- Linkarena : social networking site which allow you to bookmark links.
- Linkroll : Linkroll is a free link blogging service where you can bookmark, categorize and comment on all the great web pages/links you find.
- BibSonomy.com : Public & private bookmarks, tag cloud, related tags, duplicate detection with the chance to merge their info.
- Fark : Fark is a news aggregator and an edited social networking news sites.
- AllMyFavorites.net : Create an organized page for your bookmarks that you can share with friends and family, access from any computer.
- WireFan: Advanced Social Bookmarking, News Articles Submission Site, Share Your Favorites and more.
- BlogMarks.net : Save your bookmarks, tag them with keywords for easy searching amongst your list, share with others.
- Givealink.org – Donate your bookmarks to this site to help them recommend sites and get a better understanding of how each person bookmarks.
- IKeepBookmarks.com : Folders, search folder names and more.
- Mister-Wong.com : Bookmark and tag, search for tags that interest you, make buddies with people who have interesting saved sites.
- Netvouz : Netvouz is a social bookmarking service that allows you to save your favorite links online and access them from any computer, wherever you are.
- Linkagogo : LinkaGoGo – the free Online Favorites and Social Bookmarking Application, its unique dynamic toolbars automatically adapt themselves.
- Freelink : Freelink provides free pages of links (public or private with password protection) that you can use anytime from anywhere in the world.
- Bizsugar : BizSugar delivers the content that small business owners, managers and entrepreneurs care about, without all the noise.
- Newsseed :The News Seed is a place where you can plant links and water them till they become big strong plants. Or you can kill the links with weed killer.
- pfbuzz : PF Buzz is a social bookmarking site that focuses on sharing the best personal finance and money articles…made by a personal finance blogger for personal finance bloggers.
- Fwisp : fwisp is a place where you can discover, share and submit great articles, news and videos gathered from all over the web.
- Blokube :Blokube offers a place for bloggers to mastermind. To network. To exchange ideas and interact. Blokube is a community. It’s all about like minded individuals getting together to share valuable, quality content, but that’s just the beginning.
- Mmosocialnetwork : MMO social network have the “dream” of making a good network of people who are interested in Making Money Online, and give them the ability to communicate through our website, so we must allow our members to submit contents on related topics to Making Money Online and make friendship with other helpful people.
- Shoutwire.com : Similar to Digg, except instead of “Digging a story”, you “shout it”. Still a way to vote on unique Internet news stories.
- Thoof.com : Add news stories you find interesting, anyone can “improve” the article by fixing the URL, editing the summary and more.
- Plurk : On Plurk’s front page you can discover fresh news, videos and pictures on the web, shared and voted on by the Plurk community.
- Nowpublic : Get public attention to your bookmarks the easy way.
- citeulike : citeulike is a free service for managing and discovering scholarly references.
- Zotero : Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources.
- MetaFilter : Metafilter is a weblog that anyone can contribute a link or a comment to. A typical weblog is one person posting their thoughts on the unique things they find on the web. This website exists to break down the barriers between people, to extend a weblog beyond just one person, and to foster discussion among its members.
- hotklix : Hotklixis a social bookmarking site of Times Internet Ltd, (TIL) a wholly owned subsidiary of Bennett Coleman & Co. Limited.
- corank : coRank is the place where you can create or visit pages where you can add whatever things you find interesting on the web, and do all sorts of things once they’re added.
- Cloudytags : Simply way to Share & promote your bookmarks
- FAZED : Easy to use Public /private Social bookmarking tool.
Have a Social Sharing plugin installed on your website allows your users to bookmark your site on popular bookmarking sites & boost traffic back to your site.
If you are not bookmarking your website on these bookmarking sites then I’m sure you are one step behind your competitors in promoting your website online.I follow this principle that is the reason why my alexa rank is less than 90K.
Did we miss any Good ones from the list? Please add them through the comments section.