On January 24, 2013, WordPress 3.5.1 was released to the public. This is a maintenance and security update.
In the latest edition of WordPress 3.5.1, 37 bugs are fixed and three other security issues are resolved, including two cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
WordPress 3.5.1 is available for download from the project’s site.
WordPress Installation/Update Information
To download WordPress 3.5.1, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site’s admin area or visit http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
WordPress on Windows Servers Running IIS
A bug affecting Windows servers running IIS can prevent updating from WordPress 3.5 to WordPress 3.5.1. If you receive the error “Destination directory for file streaming does not exist or is not writable,” you have a few options:
- Option 1. Manually install the Hotfix plugin. Please see the Codex instructions for manual plugin installation.
- Option 2. Add the following to your `wp-config.php`. Remove it after updating to WordPress 3.5.
define( 'WP_TEMP_DIR', ABSPATH . 'wp-content/' );
WordPress Update Summary :
From the announcement post, this maintenance release addresses 37 bugs with version 3.5, including:
- Editor: Prevent certain HTML elements from being unexpectedly removed or modified in rare cases.
- Media: Fix a collection of minor workflow and compatibility issues in the new media manager.
- Networks: Suggest proper rewrite rules when creating a new network.
- Prevent scheduled posts from being stripped of certain HTML, such as video embeds, when they are published.
- Suppress some warnings that could occur when a plugin misused the database or user APIs.
Additionally: Version 3.5.1 fixes a few security issues:
- Server-side request forgery (SSRF) and remote port scanning via pingbacks. Fixed by the WordPress security team.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via shortcodes and post content. Discovered by Jon Cave of the WordPress security team.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) in the external library Plupload. Plupload 1.5.5 was released to address this issue.
If you need assistance,please drop a comment below & we would be ready to help you.