As we all know WordPress is an database-centric application & uses Mysql for storing information about posts,users,comments,meta etc.Over time the size of database increases & along with it the performance of the database decreases because of the extra chunk WordPress creates.For smooth operation you need to optimize your database at regular intervals.There are lot of WordPress plugins which makes it easier for us to administer our WordPress website.
In this post we are going to see that sort of plugin which helps us in tweaking the Backend ie;MySql.The WordPress Plugin I’m referring here is WP-Optimize.
What does WP-Optimize plugin do exactly?
- It remove’s all the Post revisions created.
- It remove’s all auto draft posts.
- It cleans up comments in the SPAM Queue.
- It also cleans up Unapproved comments.
- And finally it Optimizes other database tables.
- Displays detailed Database Tables Report along with the Sizes.
WP-Optimize is really easy to work with : just click one button: Process after selecting what all Jobs you want to do & WP-Optimize does the rest for you.
Now that you have a Good Plugin for optimizing your WordPress tables, you’re well on your way to Improve your WordPress Blog Performance.
Conclusion : Must use plugin for People who don’t have knowledge on working with Mysql in optimizing their WordPress Database.